Fundraising for Komen
Did you know you can earn a prize for fundraising?
That’s right! If you are a registered Race for the Cure participant and you raise money, you can earn a prize depending on the amount of donations you collect. Want to know your prize options? Click here.
Planning a Fundraising Activity?
We are honored to be contacted so often by passionate members of our community wanting to organize an event or promotion benefiting breast cancer awareness and research. Susan G. Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi partners with others because it benefits both parties in terms of public awareness.
Step 1: Read through our Third Party Event Guidelines to assist you in planning your event or promotion.
Step 2: If after you have read the guidelines, and are interested in entering into an agreement with Susan G. Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi, complete the Third Party Event Proposal Form
Step 3: Still have questions? Send an email to Dana Mann, email@example.com or call 901.757.8686
All 3rd party fundraisers are reviewed on an individual basis. Depending on the time of year, it may take up to 72 hours before you hear from Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi. Please note that you may not begin promoting your event until you have a signed agreement.
What is a Letter of Agreement? The Letter of Agreement formalizes the partnership between the community fundraiser and Komen. It details event specifics (date, time, place etc), provides the donation structure, and covers detailed event guidelines. It also gives the community fundraiser rights to the Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi name and logo under certain conditions.
If you determine that the size of your event does not warrant the effort to follow the Third Party Event Guidelines, there are three other ways to support Komen:
For smaller events, there are three other ways to support Komen:
Option 1: You may want to consider not using the Komen name/logo and instead making a general statement that the funds raised will go to a local breast health organization or breast cancer research and support. We would be honored to receive funds raised and would give public recognition for your donation.
Option 2: Rally for the Cure® has expanded their well-established golf program to other events. You can now plan a Rally for the Cure® program for sporting events like golf and tennis, dinner events such as wine-tasting or group/club activities such as a bridge or book clubs. Learn how you can become a Rally Ambassador.
SGK Fundraise Mobile App
Download our FREE mobile app to help boost your fundraising efforts. You can log in with your Race username and password, making it possible to send emails, text messages, Tweets and Facebook updates!
Driving to a Cure
This plate is available to Tennessee residents who are registering a private passenger motor vehicle. The annual fee is $56.50 and $15.62 of the additional $35 collected is allocated to the Tennessee affiliates of the Susan G. Komen Foundation to be exclusively to provide grants to Tennessee organizations that were grantees of the Susan G. Komen Foundation before April 30, 2007, and continue to be grantees of the Susan G. Komen Foundation. The plate can be personalized with 5 characters available for a total cost of $91.50.
Give At Work
Thousands of individuals are given the opportunity to designate us as the beneficiary of their payroll deduction contributions at their place of employment. This option is offered to Federal, State and Municipal employees and to many employees in the private sector as well.
Federal Appeals (Government Employees)
Federal employees will find Susan G. Komen for the Cure® listed as an option in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Please locate Komen in the Alpha index or the federation index. Our CFC number is 62831.
In addition, we participate in numerous state, county, municipal and university employee campaigns.
Workplace Giving (Non-Government Employees)
Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is a member of Community Health Charities (CHC) which offers payroll-deduction giving options to employees in a number of private firms. CHC represents the Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi Affiliate in workplace giving campaigns across the state of Tennessee. They make it possible for you to designate Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi in a campaign, an easy opportunity to provide financial support.
Please consider giving to Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi today – check out www.healthcharities.org/tennessee
code: C01-084 for more information.
If you do not see our Affiliate listed in your campaign materials, please write in Susan G. Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi on your pledge card, along with this address: 6645 Poplar Ave., Suite 211, Germantown, TN 38138.
Increase your donation with employer matching funds. Many employers will match your personal donation. Check with your company for more information on matching gift programs. Employer matching gifts may also be available to you if you are a spouse of an employee, a retired employee or the spouse/widow/widower of a retiree. Our Federal Tax ID # is 75-2942859
Other Ways You Can Support Us
USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy.
- If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter Non Profit Organization 17241 or Susan G Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
TO USE THE WHEREtoGIVE:
- Simply go online to http://wheretogivemidsouth.guidestar.org
- Click on Find.
- Then click search for a non-profit
- In the search bar, enter Susan G Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi
- Once our profile comes up, simply click on the DONATE NOW square
- You will then be prompted for your payment information.
Use your credit card on our secure server. It’s quick, safe and easy to donate online.
Please mail check donations to:
6645 Poplar Avenue, Suite 211
Germantown, TN 38138