Support For You
Breast cancer can be scary and confusing, both for those diagnosed and for their family and friends. It’s important to have a strong support network to help with the physical and emotional demands of this disease. Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey, including:
- If you’re in need of local resources or financial assistance resources, please do not hesitate to contact Komen Memphis-MidSouth at 901.757.8686
- Call 1-877 GO KOMEN, a free breast care helpline, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive professional support services for anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families
- If you are interested in participating in or learning more about Breast Cancer Clinical Trails visit BreastCancerTrials.org or ClinicalTrials.gov
- The Co-Survivor section of Komen’s national website, where friends and family members can share tips and advice, and read personal stories from others who have been in similar situations
- You can find additional information about financial assistance resources on the Susan G. Komen website
- A Guide to Breast Cancer in Older Adults
- Resources for financial aid
Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women and Susan G. Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi are offering a complimentary program for women who are receiving cancer treatment.
Please join us to discover ways to complement your inner and outer beauty with professional make-up tips, techniques for wearing wigs, adornments, post-surgical attire and living a healthy lifestyle.
1:00-3:30 pm, 2020 dates:
February 21 • May 8 • July 17 • September 18
Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women
6225 Humphreys Blvd., Memphis, TN (1st floor, classrooms ABC)
Reservations required, seating is limited. Please call 901-226-0826
Together We Rise Above MBC.
Want to Connect with others diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer?
Join MBC Survivor Pat Godfrey McRee, Retired Director of Flying Colors, Author of Support To Go,The Unbook for the Journey Through Breast Cancer, and BC Survivor Mindi Abernathy,twenty-four-year Oncology Nurse, the last Sunday of the each month, 2 pm-4 pm, at our office at Carrefour.
We are your people, and we won’t stop until breast cancer does, so…
Meet Up! Look Up! Come as you are and park in the back and take elevator right to our door. 901-757-8686 for more information.
So proud of Cat Carlin! She founded Cat Cares and creates port pillows for those in treatment. She brought 100 to our office yesterday! If you or anyone you know needs one let us know. Thank you Cat, you and your mom, Carolee Allen Carlin are awesome!